Celtic Music at the Boston Public Library
Now that you know where in Boston and from whom you can hear great live Celtic music, I am here to point out one place where you can listen to great recorded music as well … and best of all, all of it, for free! The BPL has quite an extensive collection and you can access it in person or very conveniently from the comfort of your own home via our online catalog.
In order to bring you the most exposure to this genre from the widest perspective, I have chosen to list those recordings which showcase the talents of more than just one performer or group. If you want to get more specific, I encourage you to explore further on your own. Here is just a sampling of what we have to offer:
5. Singing the Mother Countries – Celtic folk songs and ballads
6. Dublin to Dakar – Celtic music from around the world
8. Celtic Spirit – Sacred Celtic music
9. Celtic Women (no sound links available at this time) – Irish folk songs
10. Irish Pub Songs (no sound links available at this time)